20 Article Ideas That Work (Over and Over Again)
You’re doing great things, but when the time comes to write about your experience and create thought leadership content, you’re confronted with a blank screen, and your brain freezes. You’ve got a lot going on, so it’s easier to save the task of coming up with an article idea for “later” — but later may never come.
Hang in there for one sec. Take a breath.
Have a look at these 20 prompts that draw on your unique experience as an entrepreneur. Choose one that sparks a memory or idea in this moment, and you’re on your way.
- What's the #1 challenge you've faced as an entrepreneur? How did you overcome it?
- What is one hack you've implemented for improving work-life balance? How can this help other entrepreneurs?
- What is the very best entrepreneurship advice you’ve ever received? How did you, and how can others, apply it?
- What is one dangerous myth or misconception others have about your industry?
- What have you learned about your market that other entrepreneurs could benefit from?
- What's a hot trend in your industry that entrepreneurs should go with (or not), and why?
- What big trends or developments do you see coming in your industry?
- How do you find employees who fit best in your company?
- What is your unique approach to connecting with customers?
- Does your business give back to the community? If so, how, and how might other businesses implement a similar program?
- What is one commonly held opinion other influencers in your industry share that you disagree with (and why)?
- How do you avoid getting stuck in the idea stage of a project or business?
- What entrepreneurial tips or hacks can you pass on to new startups?
- What's the biggest mistake you've made on your entrepreneurial journey? How can others avoid a similar mistake?
- What is one creative marketing or sales technique you've used that you can teach others?
- What is the most important thing you know about team-building?
- What is the last major business win you had? How did you get there, and how can others do the same?
- Give readers the rundown on one high-value business strategy that you use daily.
- What's one game-changing takeaway from a recent event, book, or podcast you can't stop telling others about? How did it impact your business?
- What are the top 3 or 5 things to have in place before pitching a business idea?
These 20 ideas can spark infinite articles based on the work you're doing and the entrepreneurial lessons you've learned. Want more ideas? Check out 8 more sources for article ideas. Get an article started in your YEC member dashboard today!
This post is part of a series on how YEC members can best utilize their personal branding and publishing benefits. If you're not yet a member, see if you qualify.