We Foster a Community of Thriving Entrepreneurs
Built by entrepreneurs who believe in the power of partnership.
YEC started as a youth entrepreneurship organization and has since transformed into a professional association of entrepreneurs who share the vision of bettering themselves and the world around them. We grow thriving businesses while giving back to the community, uplifting our members and embracing the entrepreneurial lifestyle.
For over ten years, we’ve fully immersed ourselves in transforming the entrepreneurship community.
Here’s a snapshot of our history to see how we’ve done it.
- As unemployment skyrockets, Scott Gerber publishes Never Get a "Real" Job, aimed at helping younger adults own their career path through entrepreneurship.
- Gerber curates a select young entrepreneur group, including the founders of Reddit, Rent The Runway, Hootsuite, College Hunks Hauling Junk, among others, to curate advice and resources for younger aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Gerber invites Ryan Paugh, a "cult legend in community building" (Mashable), to join his efforts. The two partner to create a new organization empowering the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- YEC is officially born.
- Gerber and Paugh grow their advocacy for entrepreneurship as a solution to youth unemployment and underemployment.
- NASDAQ invites YEC to ring the closing bell.
- US State Dept deploys YEC members to Egypt to support young entrepreneurs during the Arab Spring.
- YEC hosts a panel discussion at the White House with MTV's Sway as emcee.
- #FixYoungAmerica campaign launches in partnership with dozens of organizations to combat America's youth unemployment epidemic.
- YEC is invited by President Obama to White House to witness the signing of the JOBS Act.
- The Escape program launches, further deepening collaboration among members
- Our coaching program launches, providing members with access to top-rated business and operational growth coaches to support their goals.
- Member leaders drive YEC forward with volunteer-led initiatives to unite members in major metro areas within specific industries and interests.
- COVID-19 results in new technologies allowing members to support one another remotely through trying times. YEC solidifies its digital infrastructure, rivaling the offerings of major business associations.
- YEC introduces EXEC, allowing members to unlock high-end travel and lifestyle experiences as they re-enter the post-pandemic world.